Monday, July 25, 2011

sneak peak into mom's life

 Allison and I went to see Britney Spears at the Toyota Center.  We had a blast!  Seriously, our seats were amazing, her Dad got us a car and driver, of course I had tons of my new signature drink the Lemon Drop. 
 Dustin told Sophie that Daddy slept with a pillow between his legs... the child has started sleeping with a pillow between her legs every night since.  I tried to sneak into her room to catch her asleep but she was still awake, I took the picture anyways, but there she was pillow between legs. 
 I took off from work a few hours early to surprise Sophie and take her to the ice cream shop.  Holy moly she LOVED it.  This was her 1st ice cream experience and she hasn't stopped asking for it since.
 yummmmy, birthday cake with sprinkles!!
 I am such a push over she wanted to take the ice cream with her... WHAT a MESS!!  Whatever, she had a good time.
 Yes, everything in the car had to be washed afterwards... she was a sticky mess.
 Just have to give a shout out to my BEAUTIFUL friends!  How did I get so lucky?!
I love these two couples! We had a group date Sunday night, little pizza then we went to watch a play Spring Awakening. Its a must see btw, this was my second time to see it and I enjoyed it again just like the first time.
                                                
 ryan and alyssa
 franklin and kelly
 I signed up to do a Crossfit competition and I stepped out of my comfort zone and signed up for the intermediate level.  This was my team, minus Jill.  What an amazing group of people I get to workout with everyday.  Its truly a blessing to be part of this group.
 Look at me 65 lb thrusters!  The WOD (work out of the day) was in 5 minutes Row 500 meters and see how many 65 lb thruster you can finish before the time runs out.  I got 20! 
The other part of the competiton was doing 5 kettle bell swings (35lbs), 10 burpees with paralettes and 15 box jumps (20") as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes... sounds easy?  try it.  I got 5th place in my divison!  

2 comments:

  1. love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally what I love about you. When you put your mind to something, you go in full force! You look amazing and I love seeing you lifting those weights. Muscles rock! Congrats on your competition.

    ReplyDelete