Monday, May 28, 2012

Lost Pines Resort- Memorial Day 2012

Dustin, Sophie and I had the most AWESOME, vacation up to Lost Pines Resort over the Memorial Day Weekend.  Our friends, the Barrett's, McDonald's and Danielle and Sean joined us and we couldn't have asked for a better group.  The kids had the best time ever!!  Hayden and Sophie had a chance to spend pretty much every waking minute together and become best friends. In the morning Carter, Hayden and Sophie all curled up into one bed and watched cartoons, we did breakfast, lunch and dinner together, had a blast playing as hard as they and the adults could play with them... With in minutes of arriving Carter had me out playing soccer with him and I was completely out of breath and sweaty immediately but didn't care at all!!  Sunday night Carter, Hayden and Sophie had a pillow fight in the hotel room.. and I quote our friends son, Carter, "this is the best night of my life"  ha I think that was true for all the kids!
 The resort is perfect for families with kids 2-13 years old.  They have multiple swimming pools, splash pads, a lazy river, huge water slides, jump houses, games set up all day for the kids to participate in.  Literally every minute of the day you spend laughing!
 Girls wanted to get matching face paintings.  Hayden wanted to get a peace sign, but Sophie wanted a whale so being such a good friend, Hayden agreed to get the whale.
 But then the next time we went to get face painting Hayden got to pick and she went with a lady bug, which made Sophie really happy too.
 Inside the Texas Hill country hideaway are huge wooden rocking chairs, surrounded by old wooden floors and tons of over scaled stone.  I was in LOVE with the lighting through out the whole place.  But back to vacation....
 At night the entire place gather on a huge field, kids are running around playing ball, they have a big jungle gym that is covered with kids, parents surround a massive fire pit with glasses of champagne and watch all the kids running wild, LOVING life.  Its pretty spectacular place to vacation!
 Then they bring out the s'mores!!  Let the madness begin.  I think the parents like it just as much as the kids.  And btw, this is no ordinary s'mores bar.  They have white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, Reese's peanut butter cups, Hersey mint chocolate and cookies and cream. 

 And of course on vacation, you get ice cream EVERYday!  Here Sophie is enjoying her push up pop.


Also, every hour there is an inside event, this one was minute to win it, you had to move 10 M &M's from one cup to the next with a straw... now Hayden was the youngest one in the line... they did hold the cups next to each other for her... but she only got 8.... they wouldn't let her pick a prize. boo.... but...
 Jojo decide she was a winner for trying and I took both the girls shopping in the gift shop for prizes!!  Oh, boy were they happy!!  How could I have resisted this!
 All in all Dustin, Sophie and I had an amazing time bonding and spending every minute together.  We loved having our close friends with us and hope to make it a yearly vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment