Dustin and I decided for Sophie's 1st Birthday present we would get her a new pup, Max! At first we were looking at buying a dog, but it just didn't seem right with all those puppies without a home. So we went looking for our next family member. Three humane society's later, we found him. Dustin and I filled out the paperwork and then got the news we were DENIED the puppy! Apparently the HHS didn't see us a fit home. WHAT?!? So we asked to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor said, yes we didn't meet their standards, but if we would send in references from a vet they would re-evaluate our application. So four days later they called and said come pick him up! Whew, we were already in love with the little guy.

Max is about 3 months old, 3 lbs and full of love. At first, Sophie was scared to death of him but one day later she was shaking her finger at him and telling him no. Now they are best friends.

I have been experimenting with different PKU cupcake receipes, Sophie loved the strawberry ones...her mom did too!

Waiting on the snow to fall... but it never did :(


4 days til I am ONE year old... where did it go?

My beautiful little girl!! Love her so much.
Max is precious!! I can't wait to meet him! Why in the world were ya'll denied at first? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard!
ReplyDeleteI agree. Denied???? Seriously? What a strict place.
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute. I bet Sophie is loving him!
Seriously, they told us we were not a "fit family" for one of their dogs, but if we wanted an old dog they would let us have one of those. We got our referrals sent in and they finally approved us. Good decision on their part, b/c Max hit the jackpot at our house!! He is the most loved pup I know.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute doggie!! That's so silly that you were denied! haha. Love the pics of Sophie...she is adorable! That's great that you've got some good recipes for Sophie.Ya'll are doing an awesome job managing the PKU!
ReplyDeleteLove her too! Happy Birthday Sophie! Can't wait to meet Max.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe we got puppies at the same time. Are we crazy?
ReplyDelete