Monday, March 29, 2010

Mom, took my first blood sample at home...and we survived!

Today was the first day to take Sophie's blood sample from home and send it in. We got the blood kit over a week ago, however, I would not open it...just stared at it everyday building up the courage. So today I told myself no more being scared, I am the mom and this has to be done. I got out the kit, read the directions and took Sophie's blood for the first time! WE both survived! Now that I have done it at the house, under my terms and in a comfortable situation I feel comfortable doing it every week. She was so brave, as always :)

3 comments:

  1. I love Sophie and I am glad you both survived but this is a really weird picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. might be true Carrie, but it was a major milestone for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody you are a great mommy! I bet it was so hard to do. That is so good you won't have to make all those trips to TCH. I know how tiring those visits can be.

    ReplyDelete