Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Longest Birthday celebration EVER

Happy Birthday to Mommy!! This year in true, Jody fashion, I celebrated my birthday for 2 weeks... yep that's right two whole weeks of celebrations!  Hello 34, yes life is good at 34!  ;)
 We rented a great little cottage on the river and shared my celebration with my bestie, Alyssa. Both Leo's ( no wonder we get along so well)  the house was perfect, we floated walked the river, cross fitted in the yard and saw Girl Talk for the 2nd year in a row.
 This was our view from the house.  Awesomeness.
 I also share my Birthday with my favorite little man, Ethan. Every year his momma (another bestie of mine) takes him to Galveston and has a mini vacation.  Sophie and I decided to join them at the beach, the day was perfect and the beach was beautiful!
 Cabana at the San Luis is the bomb, really there is no reason to ever go and not have a cabana. They serve you these little frozen grapes that Sophie, being the diva that she is dropped into her water glass to keep it cold. So stinking smart.
 Me with two of my favorite kiddos!
 Sophie having lunch in the cabana.  LOVE her eyebrows... I am going to be so sad when she stops doing this.
 Sophie loves water and water slides.  OMG between Stephanie and myself we went down the water slide 100 times I am pretty sure.
 Next celebration was Sorrento's in Montrose. Dustin treated our entire family Jack, Becky, Billy, Kathy, Corey, Carrie, Brad, Amanda and me to a wonderful dinner.  The food and the company was excellent.  Really, wine and food are my favorite hobbies.

This was my dinner, delish scallops!  yummm
Finally a picture of all myside of the family... we never get these. After dinner us kids hit the town and went to Volcano bar.  Strawberry Basil Margarita sub tequlia for vodka... enough said.
That night Nana and Charlie spent the night and we had a little bed party the next morning in our PJ's so fun.  I remember when I was little waking up and the whole family coming and hanging out in my Grandmommy's bed, its my favorite!
After work on Saturday we went over to our besties house to swim and cook in the backyard.  Dustin made the MOST delicious hamburgers ever! For real, better than any steak I have ever had. Sophie learned how to jump off the high ledge of the pool.. The picture is alittle dark but look at that form!
 Hayden, Carter and Sophie are such great playmates. They have the best time together and I say it time and time agin, but I feel so blessed to have our kids be friends.
 Auntie Kelly is ready to pop and we are ready to see little Grant!! 
 Hayden loves to play 'momma' and with Avery and Sophie in the house she is in Heaven.  Such a good momma too, she gave the girls bubble bath, washed their hair and helped them get dressed.  So cute.
Then we went to Ethan's Birthday party and celebrated with Darth Vader and some other dude... sorry bloggers I have zero idea about starwars. Kim had a balloon maker, characters, pool party, games, the works.  The kids had a blast... notice Ethan is holding Sophie's hand. She was scared, (melt my heart).




No comments:

Post a Comment