
Dustin and I went up to the lakehouse a couple weekends ago and on Sunday we decided it would be a good idea to go see the bluebonnets and get some the "must have" bluebonnet photos. We called Debby and Ladara and asked them if they wanted to drive up to Burnet with us. Of course, they said yes, and said there was an Eagles nest right outside of town on the side of the road. Dustin and I bought the story and thought it would be cool to see this eagle nest 6' wide and somewhere in the middle of Texas. So off we go. The bluebonnets were beautiful. But we were looking for this eagles nest. The directions where to drive towards the Lano River. Go about 8 miles and look for the pecan tree before the river and you will see a 6' wide eagle nest with the eagle sitting on the egg. Why I didn't think this was a wise tale is still a question in my head?!?! After about an extra 20 miles past this pecan tree, which we never saw, so more like 20 miles after we decided there might not be an eagles nest we U turned and headed back home. The day and weekend actually was a blast and we really enjoyed each other and our company.


Sophie sporting her Texas dress in the bluebonnets
Pretty Girl. I love the Longhorn dress!
ReplyDelete