Sunday, May 17, 2015

Surprise for Grandmamma



For a Mother's Day Surprise. Daddy, Sophie and myself made a surprise trip up to Nacogdoches to visit Grand mamma's farm.  Daddy went to college at Steven F. Austin, just like Grand mamma did. So we thought we would take Sophie to see the campus and show her some things we both remembered as kids. 

First stop the Old Stone Fort.  It was a place I played at when I was a little girl.  Mamma lived in Nacogdoches for all of fifth grade, so Grand mamma could finish college and become a teacher.


We also took Sophie to eat at the Cotton Patch...it's nothing like a remember and everything that I expected- lol.  We did have an awesome veggie plate and Dr. Pepper chocolate cake that was so yummy.  

Aunt Connie had secretly given mamma the directions, but for fun, mamma wanted to see if I could remember how to get there.  We missed the last road, but a quick U-turn fixed the problem and we found it!  When we arrived at Wal-Nutt Acres Grand mamma and Aunt Connie were weeding the fence line.  Grand mamma was so excited to see us!  

 We went and saw your Great Grand daddy's barn.  There were still some really old doors from your great, great grandmother's home and mamma took them home with us, so we can decorate our home with them.
 Then we went Dew Berry Picking.  Turns out you love Dew Berries!  I taught you what my Grandmommy taught me about how to eat Dew Berries.  Wash them, then sprinkle with sugar and add milk.  Yum! 


 We found tons of "wish" flowers and wild flowers and made a beautiful bouquet for the farm house.

Daddy and Grandpa front porch sitting.  They really had a good time watching us play soccer and shoot guns in the front yard.

 Grandmamma pulled out toys that I played with at my Grand mommy's house when I was little.  The tree house was the best toy ever.  It has an elevator in the trunk and I remember spending hours playing with both of these toys.
 We went exploring in the forest and saw a huge pond with blooming lily pads. Grand mamma showed us all of the farm.  

And you got to swing on a swing your Aunt Tana put on the farm.  I remember my Grand mommy swinging on this swing.


This is Wal-Nutt Acres Farm house.  It was all built by your Great Grand Daddy and Uncle Charles.  To build the house they took apart your Great Great Grandmothers home and moved all the pieces to the farm to make this little farm house.


No comments:

Post a Comment