Happy Thanksgiving- as you know I use this blog to document the life of our little ski so I wanted to include a copy of her hand print. Cheese, yes I know... ok on with the blog.
This was one of my outfits when I was little.
This year with my work schedule and moving into another home, I was just feeling really overwhelmed during Thanksgiving, so I decided I wanted to just go to the beach for the day..which turned into all of Dustin's family joining us and the day turned out fantastic. First thing Dustin, Papa, Sophie and I went to see the water. The weather was fabulous and crisp we couldn't have asked for a better day.
Papa Jackie Boy with his little girl
Three generations!
Me and Sophie playing.
Here is our little monkey! So silly
We were being silly by the Bay... I put the camera on 10 shots and we did a bunch of silly poses,this was my favorite.
And Ski flew a kite for the first time and she loved it...for about 20 minutes, then on to the next adventrure... oh the life of a two year old.
Austin took us out boating on the bay which was so fun. We just toodled around the bay and enjoyed each other.
Dustin attempting to teach Sophie to fish. Every time the shrimp would reel in empty she would scream and jump up and down that she caught a shrimp.
And then, yes Sophie met the Elf on the shelf. And yes, she wore her lifejacket in the house the entire evening and through dinner. Sophie named her Elf for Kiki's house, Oliver.
Since we were at the beach when we got home Thanksgiving night Dustin and I wrapped the living room with toilet paper and put out her other Elf for our house. When Sophie woke up the next day she went into the living room and said, " Santa sent me a bad elf". I was like no, no baby he sent you a girl elf and she just had some fun with the toilet paper. So we named our elf, Abbey. While I was getting breakfast ready Sophie un wrapped our house and put all the toilet paper in the trash when I heard her telling Abbey that she was not suppose to wrap our house.
A few minutes later she came into the kitchen holding all our rolls of toilet paper and she told me, " mommy we need to hide these from Abbey"
Saturday we tried to take family photos with my side of the family... this picture pretty much wraps up how the "photo shoot" went!
Then my mom wanted to have the kids pick leaves for a fall art project, making a table runner. The kids loved it.
And then we traced Carson, Colton and Sophie's hands and made "Thankful" trees... where the kids told us what they were thankful for. Their answers where really cute... all of them were thankful for Jesus, family, octopus, tiger hats and fingers.

No comments:
Post a Comment